Director – Sponsor Value Research Services & Head of Strategic Consulting, Broadcast & Rights Structuring, BMI Sport Info.
Research Chair: Sponsorship Association of South Africa (SASA)
Education: MBL, UNISA South Africa / BA Economics & Finance, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Experience: Following a successful career with one of the leading Sport Sponsorship agencies, Sidenberg launched Sponsor Value Research Services, the strategic arm of BMI Sport-Info. Spanning areas such as strategic fit assessment, rights packaging & commercialisation, target market penetration, sponsorship audits and fee analysis, broadcast & new media rights, he has provided analysis & consultation for Commercial Partners such as; Vodacom, Telkom, Coca-Cola, BP, Liberty Life, Discovery Health, Nike, ABSA and Sasol — for Sporting Federations such as; Swimming SA, Boxing SA, Premier Soccer League (PSL), FIFA, 2010 LOC, SASCOC, PBL, TSA, CSA, SARU as well as for government, sponsorship agencies and all major broadcasters.
In addition to offering all of the services listed above, David has been called upon as a keynote speaker at numerous conferences and sporting code conventions, to discuss worldwide trends and best practices on topics spanning from, overall rights issues to sports tourism and the commercialisation and sponsorship of sport. He has also written for numerous publications including Sport Business International.
Recent Published Works Include:
- GEDA & GSRAC – “2009 SoccerEx Socio- Economic Impact Report”, 2010
- Supreme Council for Sport in Africa Zone 6 – “A Case for Sport”; 2007
- Sponsorship SA – An Investor’s Guide 
- A Review of Sports Broadcasting Rights, Policies & The Proliferation of New Media Platforms;
- Gauteng Sport Recreation Arts & Culture - “Home of Competitive Sport” Strategy
- Study establishing the impact of sport on the SA economy.
- Strategic framework for SA Sport.
- BMI Adult & Junior SportTrack Report (1987- 2005) – Annual Tracking study on trends amongst Participants and Spectators per sporting code.
- BMI SponsorTrack Report (Qualitative field research on the effectiveness of sponsorship)
- Top 100 – BMi Sponsorship Decision Makers Survey. (2002-2010)
- Annual Quantification of sport sponsorship spend in South Africa since 1990
- Continuous research into the value derived from sports advertising and sponsorship on behalf of major sponsoring companies in South Africa.
- BMI “ SportScope” – The status of individual Sport Codes in South Africa (Annually since 2004)